A few months ago Google changed the length of the meta description from 160 to 320 characters. This caused quite a buzz in the SEO community and a lot of people wanted to know whether they should change their own crafted meta descriptions. In the meantime, we already changed the length of the meta description …Read: "We researched longer meta descriptions: here are our findings"
You might have noticed: Google has made search results snippets longer. In the past it showed up to ~160 characters, now it can be much, much longer. We’re currently researching what this means for site owners. We’ve also changed the Yoast SEO recommendations for meta description length in expectation of the results of that research. …Read: "Google’s snippets and the length of your meta description"
At Yoast, we look at sites from all over the world. Websites from different countries can differ largely in their choices for color, pictures, navigation and site structure. That made me wonder: are these differences due to cultural preferences? It made me remember a study we executed at Yoast some time ago and it gave …Read: "Cultural differences in websites"
How important are the aesthetics of a website? Does a beautiful site convert better? And what is the relation between aesthetics and usability? In this post, I try to answer these questions What is beautiful is usable? A much-cited article on the matter is ‘What is beautiful is usable’. The main conclusion of this article …Read: "Beautiful or Usable: What’s important while designing your website?"
Browse our SEO Blog categories
- Analytics » All about analytical tools and how to use them »
- Content SEO » Content is King! Read about it »
- eCommerce » Learn how to optimize your shop »
- SEO basics » SEO made easy for you »
- Social Media » Our insights on how to use them best »
- Technical SEO » Technically optimize your site to the fullest »
- User eXperience (UX) » How to give users an awesome experience »
- WordPress » Read about WordPress plugins, updates and SEO »