After some work I have found out how to compile Stone Steps Webalizer on Debian. Stone Steps Webalizer is based on the original Webalizer with a lot of new features. Since it isn’t available as a Debian package yet, you have to compile it from source. It took me some time to figure out how to compile it so here’s a mini-howto.
Step by step
First, install the following packages:
- g++-3.3 – The GNU C++ compiler
- libdb4.3++-dev – Berkeley v4.3 Database Libraries for C++
- libdb4.3-dev – Berkeley v4.3 Database Libraries
- libgd2 – GD Graphics Library version 2
- libgd2-dev – GD Graphics Library version 2
Then do the following:
ln -s /usr/bin/g++-3.3 /usr/bin/cc
This makes sure that make picks the right compiler in the last step. Now get the source from the Stone Steps site. Unzip it and then type:
make -f makefile.gnu
It should now build cleanly and you should have a
build directory in which you will find the files you need.