I’ve been here at SMX for the last few days and I’ve not been as prolific as I was last week at A4UExpo, mostly due to the fact that I’m actually talking to a lot of people and talking about loads and loads of nice stuff. Some highlights:
- Yesterday morning, the session on what’s new with the algorithm with Rand, Mikkel deMib and myself, was really great, some nice discussion about paid links and PageRank (sigh…), and loads of other nice stuff.
- Last night, eating with Mikkel, Mel Carson and lots of other nice people, and after that drinking a lot with these guys and the great guys from Nordic eMarketing who were singing some nice Icelandic songs as well.
- Today: two sessions which I spoke on, which both were very nice, though the Scandinavians don’t ask a lot of questions… Seriously: if you go to a conference, ask questions, discuss, that way you can learn loads more!
- Lunch, in which I had some great discussion with a few folks, including Shane Whaley from booking.com, which was really good!
- A discussion with Adam Lasnik from Google, how we should get clients who’ve been doing black- greyhat stuff back into the index when they really want to go clean and came to us to do that.
In other words: great fun!