Update 29-11: we’ve found a developer, @cagenl, he’ll be starting January 1st.
We’re growing at Yoast, our plugins are doing extremely well and we’ve got lots more in the works. What’s becoming clear though is that we are in dire need of an addition to our team: we need a senior WordPress developer.
So, if you’re that guy or girl who:
- can easily develop a WordPress plugin given a set of functional and technical requirements and come up with better requirements themselves if what Joost thought up was actually stupid;
- has proven experience in developing WordPress plugins;
- knows how to combine your CSS with your jQuery and hook it properly;
- knows how to write decent inline documentation according to the WordPress standards;
- enjoy collaborating with open source developers from all over the world;
- can fix a bug in any of our plugins when you’ve been given access to a clients site and have to figure out what the hell is going wrong yourself.
We’d love to talk to you and see your portfolio. You’d basically become my main sparring partner for all things code at Yoast, developing code that runs on – literally – millions of websites.
You’d have to be willing and able to come work with us (at least a few days a week) in our office in Wijchen, the Netherlands. We’re in the center of town, close to the train station, with ample parking space available. I know working remotely is all the rage in the WordPress world these days, but I need someone to bounce my ideas off and can do that more easily when I’m in the same room.
What we offer
We can offer you:
- a competitive salary;
- a good benefits program including a company paid for pension plan;
- a great and inspiring group of people to work with;
- a laptop of your own choice;
- an avatar just like everyone else in our team has, drawn specifically for you by our own illustrator Erwin;
- lots of LEGO to play with.
How to apply
Send an email and resume (preferably including a list of plugins you’ve built) to jobs at this domain.