Are you an expert developer? Can you develop WordPress plugins and themes? Then we are looking for you!
We use git, GitHub, PHPUnit, Visual Studio Code, and we have created our own development environment based on Docker (maintained by DevOps). But, we are always in search of improvements and optimizations. So, this list will probably already be out of date by the time you start working here.
What do we expect of you?
- You are a WordPress theme and plugin developer.
- You can dream in HTML, CSS, and WordPress code.
- You welcome new ideas and come up with solutions.
- Sharing knowledge and creating products in a team make you happy.
- You can quickly get familiar with new codebases and frameworks.
- You take web development seriously, and you want to know all about it.
- You live in the UTC -1, UTC, UTC 1, UTC 2, or UTC 3 time zone.
Knowledge and understanding of programming principles like SOLID and TDD are a big PLUS.
It would be super nice if
- You have contributed to WordPress core patches.
- You have contributed to other Open Source projects.
- You maintain your own WordPress site.
- You have developed Gutenberg blocks.
What we offer
- A challenging job in a fast-growing, dynamic, ambitious, and international atmosphere.
- Working at a company that makes a significant impact on the web.
- A salary between €2300 and €4000 per month depending on your experience, based on a 40 hour work week
- 25 vacation days (based on 40 hours). In addition, you’ll get five volunteer days which you can spend helping out at the local soccer club, for example. Or to supervise a school trip of one of your children.
- You’ll be able to spend 10% of your salary on education.
- A bonus scheme.
- A great pension plan, which is fully paid by Yoast.
- Opportunity to exercise and stay fit! We have our own gym and a personal trainer!
- A really fun (slightly crazy) company culture with lots and lots of team building activities. The know-your-colleagues-quiz, lots of celebrations and LEGO-building days.
- The opportunity to learn a lot in a short time, at one of the leading SEO companies.
The application process consists of three, maybe four, parts: an introductory job interview, one or two practical interviews, and a final meeting. These steps might take place on different days. A social media screening might be part of the procedure. Note: only applications with a cover letter will be considered.
At Yoast, we optimize websites. Not just one aspect of websites, but every aspect. We make websites more usable, easier to navigate, faster and more reliable. In other words: we make websites work. For the owner and the visitor. The added bonus is that if you do all that right, a website becomes easier to find too. Read all about Yoast »