Are you a WooCommerce and WordPress expert? Have you already built many sites with WooCommerce, and you want to go a step further? Then we are looking for you!
What do we expect of you?
- You are a WordPress and WooCommerce theme and plugin developer.
- You can dream in HTML, CSS, and WordPress code.
- You welcome new ideas and come up with solutions.
- Sharing knowledge and creating products in a team make you happy.
- You can quickly get familiar with new codebases and frameworks.
- You take web development seriously, and you want to know all about it.
- You have an academic level of thinking.
- You live in the UTC -1, UTC, UTC 1, UTC 2, or UTC 3 time zone.
Knowledge and understanding of programming principles like SOLID and TDD are a big PLUS.
It would be super nice if
- You have contributed to WordPress and WooCommerce patches.
- You have contributed to other Open Source projects.
- You maintain your own WordPress site.
- You have developed Gutenberg blocks.
What we offer
- A challenging job in a fast-growing, dynamic, ambitious, and international atmosphere.
- Working at a company that makes a significant impact on the web.
- 25 vacation days (based on 40 hours). In addition, you’ll get five volunteer days which you can spend helping out at the local soccer club, for example. Or to supervise a school trip of one of your children.
- A salary between €2300 and €4000 depending on your experience, based on a 40 hour work week.
- A bonus scheme paid out at the end of the year.
- You’ll be able to spend 10% of your salary on education.
- A great pension plan, which is fully paid by Yoast.
- Opportunity to exercise and stay fit! We have our own gym and a personal trainer!
- A really fun (slightly crazy) company culture with lots and lots of team building activities. The know-your-colleagues-quiz, lots of celebrations and LEGO-building days. Because of Covid a lot of these things are online now!
- The opportunity to learn a lot in a short time, at one of the leading SEO companies.
The application process consists of three, maybe four, parts: an introductory job interview, one or two practical interviews, and a final meeting. These steps might take place on different days. A social media screening might be part of the procedure. Note: only applications with a cover letter will be considered.
Yoast consists of a rapidly growing team of internet enthusiasts. We’re a start-up with a very good international reputation when it comes to SEO and website optimization. Multiple times per week we publish free SEO and/or web development related articles on our blogs. We organize MeetUps and speak at conferences.
At Yoast, we are very community-minded and highly value Open Source. We provide both free and paid plugins for WordPress, NEOS, and TYPO3, and are always looking to expand our field of work. Besides software, we sell online (SEO) courses in our Yoast Academy.
Our company is continuously in development. We create a lot of new products. Next to ongoing improvements of our Yoast SEO plugins, we publish courses on a frequent basis. The development of new products is mostly done internally and is a real team effort. Our team consists of authors, illustrators, marketeers, developers, and researchers. Together, we build new innovative SEO products!