Yoast is growing! And we’re searching for an ambitious UX designer! Do you want to work on software that is used by over 12 million people worldwide? Do you believe that good design can make the complex field of SEO more accessible to an even larger audience? If you do, then we’re looking for you!
About the job
As UX designer, you’ll be part of a multidisciplinary squad, consisting of developers, a tester, and a product owner. Together you’ll work on pushing Yoast SEO forward. Your squad will be partly based in the Netherlands, and partly in other places within a similar time zone.
Besides working within a squad on a daily basis, you’re also part of our UX tribe, consisting of other UX designers and - researchers. As part of this tribe you help improve our design system and our design processes. You contribute to develop a shared vision.
Do you love diving into details? And do you care deeply about creating visually appealing experiences? But are you also convinced that creativity is found in truly understanding a problem and in finding the right solution?
We encourage out-of-the-box thinking (we love new ideas!), but we also value a pragmatic attitude. You respect the scope of the project, how your choices impact others and what possible trade-offs are. You understand that your designs are not a work of art, but a means to building a product. A product that you build together with your teammates.
- You enjoy working as part of a close-knit team. Together with your squad members, you’re responsible for fleshing out product ideas, bringing them to life and shipping them to our users.
- You are passionate about information architecture and are comfortable working with design systems and - patterns.
- You are able to create highly detailed designs and prototypes, but also fast proof of concepts.
- You are comfortable with modern design tools (Sketch is the tool we use).
- If you have experience with HTML, CSS and JS, we consider that a bonus.
- If you have experience with WordPress and the field of SEO, we also consider that a bonus.
- You enjoy getting in touch with our users. Their happiness is your happiness!
- You want your contribution to be meaningful and have impact. You don’t shy away from taking responsibility.
- Do you speak and write English fluently, preferably with (at least) proficiency level C1? Perfect!
What we’re offering
- A challenging job in a fast-growing, dynamic, ambitious and international atmosphere.
- Working at a company that impacts the web.
- A salary of € 2.750-4.000,- (on the base of 40 hours a week) depending on experience.
- 25 vacation days (on the base of 40 hours). Next to that, you’ll get five volunteer days which you can spend helping out at the local soccer club for example. Or to supervise a school trip of one of your children.
- You’ll be able to spend 10% of your salary on education.
- We have a great pension plan, which is fully paid by Yoast.
- Exercise and stay fit! We have our own gym and a personal trainer!
- We have a really fun (slightly crazy) company culture with lots and lots of team building activities. The know-your-colleagues-quiz, lots of celebrations and LEGO-building days. Because of Covid a lot of these things are online now!
- The opportunity to learn a lot in a short time, at one of the leading SEO companies.
Are you interested? Then respond before May 19, 2021. The application procedure consists of three interviews. Do you have questions? We'll be happy to answer them. Please send an email to email@example.com.
(Our recruitment code applies to all applications)
Yoast consists of a rapidly growing team of internet enthusiasts. We’re a start-up with a very good international reputation when it comes to SEO and website optimization. Multiple times per week we publish free SEO and/or web development related articles on our blogs. We organize MeetUps and speak at conferences.
At Yoast, we are very community-minded and highly value Open Source. We provide both free and paid plugins for WordPress, Drupal, Magento 2 and TYPO3, and are always looking to expand our field of work. Besides software, we sell online (SEO) courses in our Yoast Academy.
Our company is continuously in development. We create a lot of new products. Next to ongoing improvements of our Yoast SEO plugins, we publish courses on a frequent basis. The development of new products is mostly done internally and is a real team effort. Our team consists of authors, illustrators, marketeers, developers, and researchers. Together, we build new innovative SEO products!