Support engineer remote India
Yoast is growing rapidly, and because of that, we’re looking for a freelance Support Engineer. Currently, all support at Yoast is in English, but we see a growing demand for support in other languages.
What we're looking for
You're experienced in customer support, and love doing it. Helping people is your second nature and you're well aware that not everyone is as skilled as you are. Your goal in every conversation is to help the customer reach their goal. Besides, it is important that you process the question or request the first time right. Even if this requires research and learning on your side. You realize that you're the face of Yoast, and know that people love smiling faces. You can express your smile in your written communication because that's what you'll be doing at Yoast. Forget that charming phone-voice, it's all about email here! You've got an eye for detail. Information that's well hidden between sentences doesn't stay hidden for you, and you care about every dot and comma in your replies.
Email support. You'll be answering questions over email, using a system called Help Scout. You'll also have access to our knowledge base, internal support channel on Slack, GitHub/Jira, and testing environment. Of course, you'll be paid a decent hourly rate, we'll try our best to teach you everything we know and you've got the best colleagues. You'll find yourself in a friendly, slightly competitive environment, where customer satisfaction and personal growth are key.
- Fluent in English, proficiency level 4 / B2, or up.
- You're experienced in supporting WordPress users. Being active on the wordpress.org support forums is a huge advantage when applying.
- You can work with GitHub, Jira, Confluence, and HelpScout, or are willing to learn.
- You've got basic technical skills. FTP, 301 redirect, plugin and SEO sound at least familiar.
- You're not afraid to ask colleagues for advice in a (slack) channel.
- You’re available on Saturday, Sunday, and at least one evening during the week.
- You’re available on weekdays during your training period (approx. 4 weeks).
What we're offering
- A chance to work on some of the most-used web software in the world, currently used by more than 11 million websites!
- Of course a competitive hourly rate.
- A young, fast-growing company that wants to seize opportunities with you.
- A pleasant, challenging, and innovative work atmosphere.
- An opportunity to learn a lot and learn it fast in one of the leading SEO companies.
- You’ll join a team of skilled, experienced, and most importantly, passionate colleagues.
- Stand-ups to improve communication and give team members feedback on their work.
This vacancy will close on 24 December 2020. The application process consists of three, maybe four, parts: an introductory job interview, one or two practical interviews, and a final meeting. These steps might take place on multiple days.
Yoast consists of a rapidly growing team of internet enthusiasts. We’re a start-up with a very good international reputation when it comes to SEO and website optimization. Multiple times per week we publish free SEO and/or web development related articles on our blogs. We organize MeetUps and speak at conferences.
At Yoast, we are very community-minded and highly value Open Source. We provide both free and paid plugins for WordPress, Drupal, Magento 2 and TYPO3, and are always looking to expand our field of work. Besides software, we sell online (SEO) courses in our Yoast Academy.
Our company is continuously in development. We create a lot of new products. Next to ongoing improvements of our Yoast SEO plugins, we publish courses on a frequent basis. The development of new products is mostly done internally and is a real team effort. Our team consists of authors, illustrators, marketeers, developers, and researchers. Together, we build new innovative SEO products!