Project Manager Community
Do you have strong organizational skills and do you love working with people? Are you able to translate crazy ideas into a practical project plan? And would you like to work with a dynamic, enthusiastic, and passionate team that’s at the heart of different communities? Then read on!
To get an understanding of our company and your role as a project manager community, you have to know a bit more about what we stand for. Our mission is SEO for everyone. At Yoast, we work together to make the web a better place. We believe in collaboration, sharing knowledge, and making work fun and meaningful. We also highly value equality and inclusiveness.
Our Community team is at the heart of the diverse communities Yoast is involved in. Such as our own community at Yoast, our colleagues, for which we organize lots of fun events outside of work. But we also think it’s important to give back to your local community and that’s why we sponsor many events and clubs in our hometown of Wijchen. But communities also mean our customers, partners, our 11 million users and of course the worldwide WordPress community. We’re involved in all of these communities by contributing, sponsoring, organizing events, and much more.
Your role in our team
As a project manager community at Yoast, you know how to translate an exciting idea into a practical project plan. In addition to being topically involved, you will take part in every step of the project, which means you’re responsible for: the preparation, setting up, accompanying, implementing, and bringing a project to a successful end. Within a project, you are the primary contact for everyone involved. You have a pragmatic and enthusiastic approach to your projects, which means you take care of the overview, manage deadlines, set priorities, and motivate fellow colleagues to make every project a success. The projects you’re involved in are related to different communities and that means that you’ll be working together with different colleagues. For example, you’ll set up internal events and projects with our Human Resources team. Within your projects, you’ll also pick up operational tasks and, naturally, you’ll be involved in community activities as well.
We’re looking for a project manager community with/who is:
- Higher professional education professional (HBO) and an intellectual ability (preferably Communication / Marketing orientated)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position
- Pragmatic, hands-on, high work speed, not scared of tight deadlines
- Strong writing skills
- Experience in managing projects
- A proactive and flexible attitude, you can adapt fast in changing circumstances
- A high level of responsibility and involvement
- A team player
- Strong social and communicative skills, you actively seek out people who can help you
- Experience with WordPress and SEO is an advantage
- Involvement in the WordPress community is an advantage
- Knowledge of Jira and Scrum is an advantage
What we're offering you
- A young, fast-growing company that wants to seize opportunities with you
- A pleasant, challenging, and innovative work atmosphere in Wijchen
- You’ll join a team of skilled, experienced, and, most importantly, passionate colleagues
- Of course: a competitive salary (2600-3400 depending on your experience)
- Daily stand-ups to improve communication and give team members feedback on their work
- Fully paid lunch break
- Plus many other benefits, including a great pension plan fully paid by Yoast
Besides that, we do a lot of cool stuff together, like our annual LEGO build days! We’d prefer you to speak Dutch and English. Submitting a motivation letter is a required part of the procedure. This position can be filled as a remote position. However, we would like to see you in our offices regularly. You can choose to do that either full time, a few days a week or even a few days a month. If necessary, we’ll even provide you with a nice place to sleep :-). You can work from anywhere you want as long as we can keep in regular contact (mostly through Zoom & Slack). But of course, you’re always welcome to work from our Yoast offices in Wijchen, the Netherlands! The application process consists of three parts: an introductory job interview august 20th, a practical interview, and a final meeting. These steps might take place on multiple days. If you are invited for the introductory job interview, you will be informed august 18th. A social media screening and an assessment might be part of the procedure.
Yoast consists of a rapidly growing team of internet enthusiasts. We're a start-up with a very good international reputation when it comes to SEO and website optimization. Multiple times per week we publish free SEO and/or web development related articles on our blogs. We organize MeetUps and speak at conferences.
At Yoast, we are very community-minded and highly value Open Source. We provide both free and paid plugins for WordPress, Drupal, Magento 2 and TYPO3, and are always looking to expand our field of work. Besides software, we sell online (SEO) courses in our Yoast Academy.
Our company is continuously in development. We create a lot of new products. Next to ongoing improvements of our Yoast SEO plugins, we publish courses on a frequent basis. The development of new products is mostly done internally and is a real team effort. Our team consists of authors, illustrators, marketeers, developers, and researchers. Together, we build new innovative SEO products!