Product designer (UX/UI)
We’re hiring! And we’re searching for an ambitious Product designer (UX/UI)! Do you want to work on software that is used by over 13 million people worldwide? Do you believe that good design can make the complex field of SEO more accessible to an even larger audience? If you do, then we’re looking for you!
About the job
As Product designer, you’ll be working closely together with multiple disciplines, such as developers, testers, marketeers, support engineers and product owners. Together you’ll work on pushing Yoast SEO forward. Your team members will be partly based in the Netherlands, and partly in other places within a similar time zone.
Your homebase will be the Product team, consisting of other designers and product owners. As part of this team you help improve our brand new(!) design system and our design processes. You contribute to developing a shared vision towards design and our products.
Do you love diving into details? And do you care deeply about creating visually appealing experiences? But are you also convinced that creativity is found in truly understanding a problem and in finding the right solution?
We encourage out-of-the-box thinking (we love new ideas!), but we also value a pragmatic attitude. You respect the scope of the project, how your choices impact others and what possible trade-offs are. You understand that your designs are not a work of art, but a means to building a product. A product that you build together with your teammates.
- You enjoy working as part of a close-knit team. Together with your team members, you’re responsible for fleshing out product ideas, bringing them to life and shipping them to our users.
- You are passionate about information architecture and are comfortable working with design systems and - patterns.
- You are able to create highly detailed designs and prototypes, but also fast proof of concepts.
- You are comfortable with modern design tools (Sketch is the tool we use).
- If you have experience with HTML, CSS and JS, we consider that a bonus.
- If you have experience with WordPress and the field of SEO, we also consider that a bonus.
- You enjoy getting in touch with our users. Their happiness is your happiness!
- You want your contribution to be meaningful and have impact. You don’t shy away from taking responsibility.
- Do you speak and write English fluently, preferably with (at least) proficiency level C1? Perfect!
What we're offering
- A challenging job in a fast-growing, dynamic, ambitious and international atmosphere. Working at a company that impacts the web.
- A salary of 3000 - 4500 (on the base of 40 hours a week) depending on experience.
- 25 vacation days (on the base of 40 hours). Next to that, you’ll get five volunteer days which you can spend helping out at the local soccer club for example. Or to supervise a school trip of one of your children.
- You’ll be able to spend 10% of your salary on education.
- A bonus scheme.
- We have a great pension plan, which is fully paid by Yoast.
- Exercise and stay fit! We have our own gym and a personal trainer!
- We have a really fun company culture with lots and lots of team building activities. The know-your-colleagues-quiz, lots of celebrations and LEGO-building days.
- The opportunity to learn a lot in a short time, at one of the leading SEO companies.
Are you interested? The application procedure consists of three interviews. Do you have questions? We'll be happy to answer them. Please send an email to email@example.com. Note: only applications with a cover letter will be considered.
(Our recruitment code applies to all applications)
At Yoast, we optimize websites. Not just one aspect of websites, but every aspect. We make websites more usable, easier to navigate, faster and more reliable. In other words: we make websites work. For the owner and the visitor. The added bonus is that if you do all that right, a website becomes easier to find too. Read all about Yoast »