Manager customer support
Yoast is growing fast! We’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth even more. Are you ready to grow with us? We are looking for people who share our values and challenge ordinary thinking. But also people that push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Yoast. We want to take our customer support to the next level!
We are looking for a manager customer support to grow and lead our customer support team. As a manager customer support, you will develop a long term vision for the department and execute this by translating the company mission and including targets. You do this together with 30 FTE fully remote, worldwide, 24/7 Support Engineers, 2 Support Leads and 2 Production Support Engineers.
You represent the voice of the customer and dare to take this role within the company. You are an empathic, motivating and inspiring guide to our colleagues and customers. You are comfortable organizing and leading multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities. Yoast is a game changer and a rolemodel in the open source ecosystem. Together with your team, you translate this into the ambition of having a leading role as a Top 10 Tech Support Platform. You thrive in an informal, work hard-play hard environment with lots of possibilities, fun as well as high standards.
What you’ll do
- Grow and lead our customer support team via a thought vision to a Top Notch 24/7 remote Customer Service.
- Execute a state of the art, future proof channel strategy and ensure coverage all of communication channels (e.g., support inbox, forums, chat and online community).
- Be the agent of change for new business and transformation within Customer Service by assessing and evaluating processes, technology, and team skill sets to identify gaps and identify areas to improve and opportunities for advancement.
- Implement WFM(tooling) and manage key customer success metrics like - SLA, NPS, First time Resolution (FTR), etc.
- Deliver organized and useful analytical performance data reports with help of (new) tooling and the BI department on which you make data-driven decisions to improve operational quality and efficiency.
- Lead the team with a performance management based coachings framework.
- Be responsible for the (remote) employee journey by hiring, development, training, and skills management of your team.
- Foster and grow relationships across product and engineering functions for knowledge building, incident engagement, new feature readiness, and product feedback to further optimize the customer journey from beginning to end.
- Turn customer feedback into actionable steps to improve support service delivery.
- Implement new partnerships smoothly into the support department.
What we’re looking for
- You have a Master’s degree with a business or commercial character.
- You have demonstrable experience (5y +) with leadership in a similar position.
- You have strategic insight and your own vision of Customer Service.
- You function optimally in a scale-up culture where independence and ownership are expected. Experience working in a scale-up is a plus.
- You have experience in strategic planning and helping to ensure the efficient operation and growth of the department.
- You model professionalism by means of excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well with people of all ages, gender, backgrounds, etc. Experience working in a culturally diverse team is a plus.
- You inspire by giving confidence, appropriate risk taking and encourage achievement of high standards.
- You are a proactive manager and your leadership style is aimed at making people function independently and making them structurally better.
- You have the ability to be flexible and possess a willingness to adapt to changing situations and to learn new skills.
- Experience in tech is a plus.
What we're offering
- A challenging job in a fast-growing, dynamic, ambitious and international atmosphere.
- Working at a company that impacts the web.
- A salary of € 4.500-6.000,- (on the base of 40 hours a week) depending on experience.
- 25 vacation days (on the base of 40 hours). Next to that, you’ll get five volunteer days which you can spend helping out at the local soccer club for example. Or to supervise a school trip of one of your children.
- You’ll be able to spend 10% of your salary on education.
- We have a great pension plan, which is fully paid by Yoast.
- Exercise and stay fit! We have our own gym and a personal trainer!
- We have a really fun (slightly crazy) company culture with lots and lots of team building activities. The know-your-colleagues-quiz, lots of celebrations and LEGO-building days. Because of Covid a lot of these things are online now!
- The opportunity to learn a lot in a short time, at one of the leading SEO companies.
Are you interested? Then respond before May 19, 2021. The application procedure consists of three interviews. Do you have questions? We'll be happy to answer them. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Our recruitment code applies to all applications)
Yoast consists of a rapidly growing team of internet enthusiasts. We’re a start-up with a very good international reputation when it comes to SEO and website optimization. Multiple times per week we publish free SEO and/or web development related articles on our blogs. We organize MeetUps and speak at conferences.
At Yoast, we are very community-minded and highly value Open Source. We provide both free and paid plugins for WordPress, Drupal, Magento 2 and TYPO3, and are always looking to expand our field of work. Besides software, we sell online (SEO) courses in our Yoast Academy.
Our company is continuously in development. We create a lot of new products. Next to ongoing improvements of our Yoast SEO plugins, we publish courses on a frequent basis. The development of new products is mostly done internally and is a real team effort. Our team consists of authors, illustrators, marketeers, developers, and researchers. Together, we build new innovative SEO products!