We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us manage our growing and increasingly complex technology stack.
We’re in need of someone who can act as a bridge between our development team and our operations partner Siteground as well as managing our CI pipeline and Elastic stack. The job includes a variety of responsibilities and tasks among which:
- Being the go-to contact for our operations partner Siteground and escalating operations-related issues their way.
- Managing our Elastic stack and facilitating the research team to perform log analysis and other types of data analytics activities.
- Managing our CI and dev environments and facilitating our development teams.
- Setting up monitoring and diagnostics on system performance, overall stability and errors. Signaling and escalating common issues to the development team.
We’re looking for a DevOps engineer with:
- At least 2 years of experience with IT operations.
- Basic familiarity with Linux and Bash.
- Proven experience managing database servers of some kind.
- Good communications skills, you’re not afraid to go out and consult the relevant stakeholders.
- You know how to Google.
- You are always looking to get an overview of the entire domain and come up with generic solutions.
- Some knowledge of web programming languages and a willingness to get familiar with PHP and Node.js.
- When asked, you will be able to explain what DevOps means to you.
We’d prefer you speak Dutch and English. We would expect you to work out of our office in Wijchen, NL (near Nijmegen). Submitting a motivation letter is a required part of the procedure.
What we're offering
- A chance to work on some of the most used web software in the world, currently used by more than 10 million websites!
- A young, fast-growing company that wants to seize opportunities with you.
- A pleasant, challenging and innovative work atmosphere in Wijchen.
- You’ll join a team of skilled, experienced and most importantly, passionate engineers.
- A mix of Agile, Scrum and Kanban development practices.
- Of course: a competitive salary.
- Plus many other benefits like a great pension plan and a fully paid lunch break.
Besides that, we do a lot of cool stuff together, like our annual LEGO build days!
The application process consists of three parts: an introductory job interview, a practical interview, and a final meeting. These steps might take place on multiple days. A social media screening might be part of the procedure.
Yoast consists of a rapidly growing team of internet enthusiasts. We're a start-up with a very good international reputation when it comes to SEO and website optimization. Multiple times per week we publish free SEO and/or web development related articles on our blogs. We organize MeetUps and speak at conferences.
At Yoast, we are very community-minded and highly value Open Source. We provide both free and paid plugins for WordPress, Drupal, Magento 2 and TYPO3, and are always looking to expand our field of work. Besides software, we sell online (SEO) courses in our Yoast Academy.
Our company is continuously in development. We create a lot of new products. Next to ongoing improvements of our Yoast SEO plugins, we publish courses on a frequent basis. The development of new products is mostly done internally and is a real team effort. Our team consists of authors, illustrators, marketeers, developers, and researchers. Together, we build new innovative SEO products!