Developer Advocate Shopify
Do you know your way around Shopify and its liquid templates? Is helping people your second nature? Are you not afraid of a technical challenge?
We’re looking for a developer advocate who can help us with onboarding of Yoast SEO for Shopify users. You’ll help agencies and other shop builders to implement and configure our Shopify SEO app. You’ll deep dive into technical problems to provide solutions to those people, possibly in a creative way. You’ll work closely together with our development team and are the eyes and ears of that team to create the best Shopify SEO experience. Your goal is to empower agencies and shop builders to easily integrate our app and build on top of it. Because of your assistance and enthusiasm, they’ll keep using our app and recommend it to their friends in the industry.
Who are you?
- You have built Shopify shops and know your way around the liquid templates.
- You know the Shopify ecosystem and community. You have contacts in the Shopify agency world and knows who the big players are.
- You feel at home in a technical community: Shopify shop builders and developers will be your main conversation partners.
- You have sufficient technical knowledge to pinpoint what the problem might be: you know your way around the browser console, know what an API is, and can understand technical documentation.
- You are proactive and take initiative: you’re always looking for the next thing to do to make an impact.
- You are service-oriented and can empathize with users running into problems.
- You are proficient in English.
- Ideally, you have SEO knowledge.
What we're offering
- A challenging job in a fast-growing, dynamic, ambitious and international atmosphere. Working at a company that impacts the web.
- A monthly salary of € 3500 – 5000 (on the base of 40 hours a week) depending on experience.
- 25 vacation days (on the base of 40 hours). Next to that, you’ll get five volunteer days which you can spend helping out at the local soccer club for example. Or to supervise a school trip of one of your children.
- You’ll be able to spend 10% of your salary on education.
- A bonus scheme.
- We have a great pension plan, which is fully paid by Yoast.
- Exercise and stay fit! We have our own gym and a personal trainer!
- We have a really fun (slightly crazy) company culture with lots and lots of team building activities. The know-your-colleagues-quiz, lots of celebrations and LEGO-building days.
- The opportunity to learn a lot in a short time, at one of the leading SEO companies.
The application process consists of three, maybe four, parts: an introductory job interview, one or two practical interviews, and a final meeting. A social media screening might be part of the procedure. Note: only applications with a cover letter will be considered.
At Yoast, we optimize websites. Not just one aspect of websites, but every aspect. We make websites more usable, easier to navigate, faster and more reliable. In other words: we make websites work. For the owner and the visitor. The added bonus is that if you do all that right, a website becomes easier to find too. Read all about Yoast »