Creative Marketing Director
We are looking for an experienced and creative marketing leader, wanting to work in a growing company. Are you not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty in execution? And can you also create and execute the overall marketing strategy? If yes, we are looking for you!
This role is a perfect fit for someone who loves both tech and marketing. The job includes a variety of responsibilities and tasks among which:
- Developing consistent messaging, positioning and branding for Yoast.
- Own and scale the marketing strategies for social media, newsletters and our blog.
- Drive new marketing initiatives in line with our mission, the Yoast core values and philosophy.
- Work closely with our CEO to create new and innovative ways to market our products.
- Motivate and work closely with our blog, social media, newsletter and growth teams in order to create awesome marketing content.
- Work closely with both our Product as well as our Community team in order to come up with the best marketing programs and strategies.
We are searching for a creative marketing director with/who is:
- A seasoned online marketeer in the tech space.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in leading online marketing teams and/or creating online marketing campaigns.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- A Master's degree (preferably WO), preferably in marketing.
- Strong writer skills with care about tone of voice.
- A self starter; does not require hand holding.
- Pragmatic, practical, hands-on.
- Experience in SEO.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Comfortable with technical topics.
- High workspeed, able to meet tight deadlines.
- A teamplayer.
- Very creative, not afraid to try something new.
What we're offering
- A young, fast-growing company that wants to seize opportunities with you.
- A pleasant, challenging and innovative work atmosphere in Wijchen.
- You’ll join a team of skilled, experienced and, most importantly, passionate colleagues.
- Of course: a competitive salary (€5.000-€7.000 depending on your experience).
- Daily stand-ups to improve communication and give team members feedback on their work.
- Fully paid lunch break.
- Plus many other benefits, including a great pension plan fully paid by Yoast.
Besides that, we do a lot of cool stuff together, like our annual LEGO build days! We’d prefer you speak Dutch and English. We would expect you to work out of our office in Wijchen, NL (near Nijmegen). Submitting a motivation letter is a required part of the procedure.
The application process consists of three parts: an introductory job interview (august 13th), a practical interview, and a final meeting. These steps might take place on multiple days. A social media screening and an assessment might be part of the procedure.
Yoast consists of a rapidly growing team of internet enthusiasts. We're a start-up with a very good international reputation when it comes to SEO and website optimization. Multiple times per week we publish free SEO and/or web development related articles on our blogs. We organize MeetUps and speak at conferences.
At Yoast, we are very community-minded and highly value Open Source. We provide both free and paid plugins for WordPress, Drupal, Magento 2 and TYPO3, and are always looking to expand our field of work. Besides software, we sell online (SEO) courses in our Yoast Academy.
Our company is continuously in development. We create a lot of new products. Next to ongoing improvements of our Yoast SEO plugins, we publish courses on a frequent basis. The development of new products is mostly done internally and is a real team effort. Our team consists of authors, illustrators, marketeers, developers, and researchers. Together, we build new innovative SEO products!